Update as of March 20, 2020
We must remember that our call from God is to serve God by serving, caring, and loving others first. This means, as a congregation, Session and I have decided upon the following steps:
1. Worship will not take place in our sanctuary for at least the next two Sundays, March 22nd and March 29th. At that point, Session will reevaluate our course of action.
2. Our worship services will be posted on Facebook, YouTube, and our website. They will be pre-recorded and posted at 11:00 am on Sunday mornings. If you need help accessing these, please call or email me..
The link to our Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/McConnellsburgPresbyterian/videos/?ref=page_internal
The link for our YouTube page is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSAQ3NRuTo6wTFzpb9TnU7w
The link to our website is here: http://www.mupc.org/media/sermons
3. All other in-person events at our church are canceled for at least two weeks. However, soup night has been moved to delivery only. Contact LeeAnne Kendall at 717-485-3675 to place your order to have soup delivered to you next Wednesday, March 25th.
4. Check out the devotional videos I've been posting to Facebook and YouTube.
For devotions, follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzSzPbqwza2rxukfF0puYQ/featured
Or check them out on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/McConnellsburgPresbyterian/videos/?ref=page_internal
5. Prayer. Please be in prayer, as I continue to be, for those who are not strong enough to fight this new virus on their own. Please be in prayer for the growing panic and the wisdom for everyone to be prepared without fear.
6. Session will reevaluate by April 1st as to what our next steps will be.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me here, on Facebook, or on the phone. I pray each of you remains healthy and safe. Please contact me if you need a morale boost, are lonely, feeling hopeless, or fall ill. I love each of you dearly and it breaks my heart to have decided we will not gather as God's beloved worshiping community for quite some time.
In God's Peace,
Rev. Emily McCachren